Mango for Sushi?
As ingredients for the fruit for sushi, Avocados is already common but Mangos are still not as common in Japan.
How much Sushi rice should you put on the seaweed sheet?
Leave about 1 inch above your rice to make it easier to roll.
How do you roll a”Nori maki”(basic sushi roll)?
Grab “A” and the bamboo sheet with your thumb and index fingers. Now bring “A” to the dotted red line, then start to roll.
Do NOT squeeze your push hard on the roll. Keep a firm circler grip of the roll.
Enjoy the visual delight!
I like to try new ingredients for my sushi. Mango rolls are becoming my favourite sushi roll. I love putting together mango and Unagi (Eels) for an excellent taste.
- Bamboo sheet
- Wooden bowl
- Pot with lid
- 2 cups Short grain rice
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Brown rice syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Mango
- 1 Avocado
- Any seafood Eels, shrimps, crabs…
- 8 Nori sheets (seaweed)
- Sushi rice (How to make sushi rice)
Making Mango roll
- Cut a Mango
- Put the sushi rice on the saweed sheet and leave about 1 inch form the top to the rice.
- Put on the mango, avocado, red pepper and some seafood (if you like it) on the rice.Grab the Bamboo sheet and seaweed sheet together "A", then roll (A to the red line)
- Do not squeeze your push hard on the roll. Keep a firm circular grip of the roll
- cut 10 pieces.